There is nothing like enjoying quality time with your loved ones over delicious food and wine. When ordering any of our dishes here at Kypriaki, you may be curious which beverages will pair best. You can always inquire with your server, but to help you plan your visit, we have assembled a tip sheet with some ideal wine pairings for some of our more popular dishes. Feel free to refer to this list when dining at Kypriaki: then impress your guests with your expertise!
Salads and Vegetable Dishes
If you are just coming in for a light bite or a late-night snack, our salads and vegetable dishes offer a few light and tasty options. The Mediterranean is well-known for its flavourful vegetable dishes featuring produce commonly grown in the area. Here are the wines we’d pair with some of our most popular veggie dishes:
- Greek Salad: The Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand rounds out the dominant flavours of olive and feta cheese perfectly.
- Spinach Salad: Our red House Blend blends beautifully with our abundant spinach salad.
- Vegetable Moussaka: This tasty mix of spices and vegetables goes down very well with our Robert Mondavi Chardonnay.
Like any self-respecting Greek menu, ours features many lamb dishes! Along with being tender and flavourful, lamb is one of the most versatile meats for chefs to experiment with. Because of this vast array of ways to prepare lamb, it can sometimes be difficult to choose the right wine pairing. Let’s look at a few of the dishes on Kypriaki’s menu and see which wines pair best:
- Lamb Sirloin Souvlaki: Tsantali Retsina is a delicious white wine from Greece that works in harmony with the spices and flavours of this dish.
- Lamb Roast: With our house specialty Lamb Roast, we highly recommend Australia’s Peter Lehman Clancy’s Cabernet Shiraz Merlot which boasts fruity flavours.
- Lamb Chops: Our chefs take time to prepare each lamb chop to perfection, and we recommend enjoying them with the fruit-driven Italian Gabbiano Chianti.
The next time you’re craving Greek, head over to one of the North Shore’s favourite dinner spots, Kypriaki. We look forward to meeting you!